Monday, June 30, 2008

we are simply in the era of the J.O.B.





“It was true that I didn’t have much ambition, but there ought to be a place for people without ambition, I mean a better place than the one usually reserved. How in the hell could a man enjoy being awakened at 6:30 a.m. by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, shit, piss, brush teeth and hair, and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else and were asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so?” —Charles Bukowski, Factotum, Black Sparrow Press, 1975




"My job consists of basically masking my contempt for the assholes in charge, and, at least once a day, retiring to the men's room so I can jerk off while I fantasize about a life that doesn't so closely resemble Hell." —American Beauty, 1999


...My boss is screwing me over via paycheck. I guess he thought I wouldn't catch his little trick. I fucking hate this job anyway, and if he doesn't fix this, then I will quit.
Basically he told me that he didn't like me working through lunch and that if I were that concerned over getting hours, that he would just put me on salary. That he wanted me to take breaks anyway so I wouldn't get burnt out and quit on him. I agreed to being put on salary. Well lookiee here. My "salary" is short. He ISN'T paying me for the break. Plus, I doubt that I'll even get a break since he has failed multiple times to even fill in for me during said break. So now, not only did he deny giving me a raise after promoting me, he is making me work for free.
MOTHERFUCKER.
I wouldn't even make such a big deal over hours if I didn't have bills. My daycare rate has gone up so that it is now technically more than my rent. I literally can't afford to lose that one hour a day. As it is, all my money is going to bills, I have to ask my boyfriend for grocery money. How sad is that?
My boss is currently out of town (thank god for him), so I won't get to confront him until after the 4th. My stomach is all knots and I feel like I'm going to puke. I'm so pissed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well look who started a blog!!!!1

Anonymous said...

omg gurl,

Foxygreen, MrBradG, and I were on a conf. call last night and I emailed them this entry, and we LAUGHED so hard.

Funny ass pic!

PS: I love American Beauty. It's my fav. movie EVER!